Thursday, June 30, 2011

19 Days

Last night was my first night on the dojo floor in nineteen days.  I was surprised when I checked my calendar and counted off the days.  Has it really been that long?

June has historically been a slow karate month for me.  The beginning of the month is busy with end of school activities for my daughter.  In the middle of the month, we drove to Miami to go on the Cruise I won at the AAA travel show. During the past week, I was busy procuring items for a raffle to benefit a local children's theater.

Time flies...

There was a time when missing time in the dojo would make me feel bad or a bit guilty.  I don't want to feel that way about karate.   I accept there will be times when I am able to practice more....and sometimes practice less.

4 comments:

Rick Matz said...

It's good to see the angst missing about missing classes.

Michele said...

Agreed! :)

Journeyman said...

Like any long term pursuit, there are ebbs and flows. Going with the flow and not making yourself nuts over it is healthy. Good for you.

As for your creepy caller, that is a bit unsettling. It's pretty tricky to make yourself completely anonymous in this day and age. I'm sorry that happened to you. I certainly hope you keep blogging.

Michele said...

Thanks Journeyman!

I am glad I figured out the Facebook connection and corrected the link on my public profile.